Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Two months old today...

...and finally looking and acting like real babies. Both boys have topped seven pounds and they're still growing, little piggies. Now that the weather has warmed up, I put them in summer onesies instead of double layering with bootied sleepers. They've got fatty little legs and plump little toes. I wish I could look like that and still be called 'cute.'

What a difference a few days makes, though. Just this weekend, they've become more active and demanding. They want to stay awake after feeding and play with me, which would be great, except I still have to feed the other one. After wearing my roommates down thin, I went ahead and got a baby swing used on craigslist. I probably won't be able to take it back with me to Missouri, but for two weeks, at 20 bucks, it'll do. Today, they were both resting quietly while I did housework for the first time in a long time. I said to John, "Do you hear that?" "Silence," he responded. "That is the true sound of no hands clapping, or rather, no babies crying" (Just another religion geek joke - more transparent than the last one.)

I hope to see most of you very soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home